So many first time homeschoolers look for the perfect all in one curriculum, not because they think it's a mystical "Homeschool Holy Grail" that will solve all of their problems, but simply out of fear of lesson planning. The problem is, while this may be a workable solution for some families, for others it's not! So here I am to take the fear out of planning lessons in just seven easy steps!
- Step 4: Create a table containing 6 columns and one row more than the number of classes planned daily. In my case this would be a 6x7 table.
- Step 5: Begin putting in the resources that change by the week and month first.
- Step 6: Add the pages your child is currently working on in the “mastery” subjects (the ones you do at their pace). Obviously for now these are just review, so we scheduled a pretty fast pace in math. If needed, we can slow down to a page a day and reschedule the lessons we don't get to this week.
- Step 7: Add in the assignments for the remaining subjects. Links may be put in for any subjects used off the internet. (You can drag and drop the link from the page or highlight the description and “insert-->hyperlink”.)
- AND there ya go! One week of assignments. Next week, you'll do three more history, two more science, a few more worksheets and change out the things that need to change based on where your kids are in their books! :)
- (You may wonder why there is no spelling here. My children have no spelling the first week as we make a personal list from words misspelled in the previous weeks' schoolwork! Each day we simply spend 5 minutes reviewer the list.)
See the sidebar for various assorted weekly planner forms- including some for a 4 day week with field trips! Maybe you'll find one to fit YOUR homeschool!